A Muslim man, who allegedly planned to bomb a mosque in Minneapolis, is being held without bail in a federal courtroom
Minneapolis, MN — The Islamic Society of North America on Monday filed a motion asking a federal judge to order the arrest of a Muslim man who allegedly was planning to bomb the mosque in downtown Minneapolis on May 15, 2017.
The motion is being filed as a public defender in the case of Abdul Qader Faraj, who was arrested and charged with conspiring to commit an act of terrorism on May 14, 2017 in Minneapolis.
According to the motion, Faraj planned to blow up the mosque, and that the plan had been made public.
The Islamic society claims that Faraj was “acting in concert with other individuals” who were planning to attack the mosque.
The Islamic society argues that Faradah’s alleged conspiracy was “the product of the Internet” and that it was “a calculated, and dangerous, act that was likely intended to cause serious injury and destruction to the mosque.”
The motion also says that Faragans attorney, Faruq Javed, has admitted to having contact with Faraj prior to his arrest, and has admitted that he was present at a mosque meeting at which Faraj made the plans to blow-up the mosque before his arrest.
Javed, however, has also said that he has no information regarding Faragas whereabouts during the time of the alleged plot.
The Minneapolis City Attorney’s office has said that Farar was arrested for allegedly attempting to use an explosive device in the vicinity of a mosque on May 5, 2017, and for allegedly trying to enter the Minneapolis Police Department to purchase a firearm on May 9, 2017 and for failing to provide police with a valid driver’s license.